Like the times when I can't remember fifth grade math and I think, "I should definitely homeschool my kids! That's a great idea!".
Speaking of homeschooling, our online school offered a discount to Great Wolf Lodge last week, so I decided it would be a fun way to celebrate surviving 3.5 months of homeschool. I decided to drag my sister along since Mr. Darcy couldn't get the time off work.
And we went, and the kids had fun, and I made Bennet go on The Tornado to punish him for spitting on Lizzy, and Lizzy tried to jump off The Tornado halfway down it, and then there was the time that I almost had a panic attack over the fake drowning baby dummie that I saw dragged out of the pool by a lifeguard because I didn't realize they did "fake drowning baby" drills.
The kids loved it, wanted to live there forever, but after 2 nights of sleeping in the same room with 6 other people, I was really very very glad to go home. Also, I think my sister hates me and my entire family now. Sorry, Linda!
So, the lessons my children learned last week are thus:
1. Don't spit on your sister.
2. Don't try to disembark a waterslide in progress.
3. Grown adults dressed as woodland creatures cannot be trusted.
4. Animatronic people are super creepy.
5. Even if the snow that falls in the lobby is actually bubbles, it's still pretty cool.